You are here
Lead Drupal Developer
Please contact Simon at email@example.com
3Pikas is a boutique technology and visualization studio specializing in the Gov Tech. We design thoughtful, compelling, and interactive citizen engagement applications, and tools using open data, visualization techniques, and geospatial information. We work with urban planners, engineers, municipalities, architects, and governments. We’re experts in engagement (public and online), Geographic Information Systems, data science, web design and development, and data design interface.
Our team is looking for an experienced developer/builder with vision and drive to create a product that will leave a tangible and beneficial mark for cities. The position will start with short-term sprints to ensure culture fit and will convert to full time with compensation mix of salary or contract.
The Lead Developer will be the boots on the ground, the inventor in the lab, and the reader of the crystal ball to build our product. We are looking to hire as soon as possible so they can participate in our current updates and developments. The Lead Developer will oversee and influence this product development.
- Determine a long-term strategic product vision with milestones to set clear expectation of what is achievable, but still aggressive
- Manage full product lifecycle and iterate as we expand
- Identify market trends to stay ahead of the curve in user behaviour, urban planning trends, real estate trends, and changes to local civic engagement
- Provide client & server side development services
- Design clean & scalable software architectures
- Design server architectures Troubleshoot, fix bugs, and maintain legacy projects/applications - you love solving problems
- Write client-facing and internal software specifications and documentation
- Provide detailed hours estimates on feature specs and help with clients' proposals
- Manage the data and infrastructure that powers our urban planning service with a global scope and audience in mind
- Experience with Drupal CMS
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems technology (QGIS) and web-mapping integrations such as Openlayers, Leaflet, and Mapbox modules.
- Proficient use of GIT version control with workflows like feature branching and forking
- Experience with some or all of these languages: PHPExperience with some or all of these front-end web technologies: HTML5, Sass, Grunt/Gulp, Sockets
- You’re all about responsive web design
- Experience in creating RESTful API Services for browser and mobile clients
- Experience with Amazon Web Services especially with EC2 server management including setup and deployment
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment, Unit Testing Computer Science Degree
- GitHub profile - we’d love to see sample code!
- Enjoy working either on your own or as part of a team
- Exceptional communication skills
***We're opened to remote workers but candidates must be able to work in a North American time zone.