You are here
Senior Application Developer
Please send us your CV, as well as code samples and a link to a portfolio of your work that you think best represents your skillset to firstname.lastname@example.org
Addison is looking for a senior web developer with a proficiency in Drupal 8 who is not only adept to code but also has a capacity for problem solving. She/he must be able to architect, develop and implement custom code for a variety of web based applications. Our ideal candidate thrives in a creative environment and can both respect designers' visions, as well as evaluate concerns on said designs. We are seeking people who are not only passionate about code and their trade, but who also want to establish themselves as key members of our team. The ability to contribute to approaches and to conceptually further development is just as essential as the code.
This position is onsite only.
- Proficiency in Drupal 8 including custom module development, key contributed modules, and core API
- Proficiency in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites
- Knowledge of Drupal development best practices
- Acquia experience and certification is a bonus
- Experience integrating open-source and third-party applications into existing systems
- Long-term experience translating comps and wireframes into semantically correct web templates.
- Familiarity coding with Vericode and other such software testing applications
- Architect and construct web based applications and products in PHP using latest coding methodology and frameworks
- Comfortable working in an Agile or Waterfall project methodology
- Integrate clean, lean, well-commented front-end work with various server-side publishing technologies and content management systems
- Test website builds, including cross-browser compatibility, as well as cross-platform functionality
- Publish and deploy websites
- Troubleshoot and provide support on existing and on-going projects.
- BS in CS or a related field plus equivalent experience
- 4+ years of Drupal hands-on development (samples of applications required) building custom modules and components with recent experience in Drupal 8 building web based back-end applications with using LAMP stack technology
- Facility with interfacing with MySQL databases and writing custom queries
- Expertise in source control and repository management with Git (GitHub).
- Excellent working knowledge developing responsive experiences for a variety of browsers, operating systems, and screen sizes.
- Familiarity with email technology and mechanisms.
- Technical understanding of how Web servers, networks and browsers work.
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- Proven track record of crafting technical solutions within established deadlines
- Ability to develop clean and thorough technical documentation
- A sense of humor
What We Offer
- Ability to take an active role in shaping internal practices
- An environment that is conscious about sustainability and the world at large
- The opportunity to do high-profile work for notable clients
- Opportunities to explore and push web technologies towards interesting uses
- Comprehensive fringe benefit packages