You are here
Lead Drupal Developer
Dartmouth College Web Publishing Services is in search of our next Lead Drupal Developer to provide technology leadership for the Web-Services team. You would act as the key technical advisor in a cross-functional leadership team for all of Dartmouth’s Web infrastructure. You would also function as the primary back-end / module Drupal developer, run the development team, and lead all platform and technical issues related to maintaining the fast-growing Web infrastructure.
Skills & Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of scripting and web development languages.
- Architect level knowledge of Drupal module development
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to research technical solutions
- Ability to delegate and supervise other programing professionals
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population
- Experience with Omni-Update * Experience using vagrant
- An extensive GitHub or drupal.org profile
- Jenkins Experience
- Expertise in Front End Development
- Experience managing a technical team and vendors
- At least eight years’ experience and demonstrated proficiency in client-side and web application development.
- At least eight years’ experience and proficiency in developing for and maintaining content management systems.
- At least 4 years developing Drupal custom modules
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Concentration in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred, consideration provided for comparable experience and related continuing education
We offer competitive compensation along with the opportunity to live in Hanover, New Hampshire—one of the most breathtaking places in the world—where you can enjoy the cultural sophistication of an Ivy League community, the vitality of a growing business economy, and superb New Hampshire and Vermont quality of life. Here you will find a talented group of professionals who are engaged with Dartmouth and each other as colleagues, neighbors, and friends.
- A high quality of life with cultural events, skiing, hiking, and an easy drive to Boston, Montreal and other major cities.
- A variety of on-campus entertainment and sporting events.
- A competitive and comprehensive compensation package that includes medical and dental insurance, retirement plans and paid time off
- We empower every person within our organization to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives and pushes us every day. At Dartmouth we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world of our students and community.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong dedication to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
**position is located in Hanover, NH - relocation reimbursement available, spousal career exploration available