You are here
Web-Developer with Drupal-Skills
Please apply exclusively through the application form on our website:
Applications will be accepted until 27 August 2017.
Ecologic Institute is dedicated to the preparation of relevant sociopolitical aspects of sustainability research and contributing new knowledge to environmental policy. Ecologic Institute was founded in 1995 and collaborates closely with other European and international bodies, including active participation as a member of the Ecological Research Network (Ecornet). Today, the more than 100 individuals at Ecologic Institute work in a variety of international and interdisciplinary project teams.
Our Web Developers advise clients and project teams on website concepts, structural design and technical usefulness. Additionally, they take on technical assistance, maintenance and development for the Institute website. As Drupal web developer, you will primarily work and hold exchange with Mr. Christian Bruhn, our senior web developer.
- You will take on the administrative adaptation of project websites using the content-management-system Drupal (e.g. user and rights management, configuration of content types and taxonomies, navigation).
- Ideally, you will develop the functionality of the websites by adding modules, and perhaps creating specially developed modules.
- You will be co-responsible for the technical administration and maintenance of websites.
- We offer a contract for 20 hours per week, initially limited for 1 year.
- Within our international team you will enjoy a pleasant atmosphere that provides a flexible and family-friendly working environment with flat hierarchies.
- In addition to an attractive salary, we provide you with individually tailored training and creative freedom to enhance your own expertise.
- You are familiar with LAMP server environments and have gained first experiences with the content management system Drupal. Specifically, you possess good knowledge in PHP and MySQL, respectively PostgreSQL as well as HTML5 and CSS.
- It would be advantageous, but not necessarily vital, to have the ability to handle Git and Python, as well as first experiences with the application of professional image processing and/or survey software. Ideally, you will already have published patches for existing or even independently created modules on www.drupal.org.
- Are you a student? We especially encourage applications from students.
- We ask you to submit: Letter of Motivation, CV, Certificates and Transcripts.
- Optionally, we will also accept references for implemented Drupal-pages, published patches/modules, or web-based tools written in PHP, e.g. Chat-Bots or database interfaces.
Our Selection Process:
- Applications will be accepted until 27 August 2017.
- After viewing applications, we will contact selected applicants via phone or video conference to further discuss a potential collaboration. A second interview in person in our Berlin offices will give you the opportunity to get to know your potential team and tasks in more detail.
- For any further questions, please contact Mr Maximilian Kaeding via telephone (030-86880-119) or via e-Mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to your application!