You are here
Apply here: http://fourkitchens.applytojob.com/...
Are you singing the praises of Sass? Mad for media queries? Gung-ho for grid systems? Joyful for JS? If so, we want you to join our team of talented frontend developers who thrive creating mobile-friendly web experiences. We don’t put up walls—UX designers, frontend and backend developers are all in close collaboration to design and build modern websites and web applications. We’re thought leaders always looking to improve our processes and tools, so come ready to learn and teach others.
- Work within the Drupal theming system to create templates and preprocess functions to implement features using industry best practices.
- Implement designs using a mobile-first approach to creating pleasant, performant experiences on all devices, e.g. smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
- Leverage frontend style guides and pattern libraries.
- Ensure good user experience design in all work you produce.
- Flexible scheduling and working remotely.
- An excellent work environment filled with smart, funny people who love what they do.
- Experience working with the Drupal theme system, or a demonstrated ability to have quickly gone from novice to expert themer in a different CMS.
- Experience implementing web designs within branded style guidelines.
- Professional, yet personable demeanor. You must be able to represent yourself and Four Kitchens to our clients, other members of your team, and to open-source communities at large.
- Enthusiasm for open-source philosophy and community involvement.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for making cool stuff for the web.
- Working with and producing interactive prototypes.
- Experience auditing frontend performance issues and implementing improvements.
- You’ve used or are familiar with frontend development tools, such as Sass, Bower, Grunt, and Gulp.
- You’ve built sites using a “mobile-first” approach to frontend development.
- Experience working with large website projects.
- You’ve worked on open-source projects and have experience with adhering to coding standards.
About Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device, in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with strong consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and to each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen and we encourage everyone to help guide the direction of our company. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our values—The Way Of the Web Chef—guide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company — it's a closely knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe good talent is where you find it and, as a distributed team, we’re excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work-culture. Even though we have no physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones and our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they're thousands of miles apart.
We hope you'll join us!
We are the creators of Pressflow, a performance-optimized distribution of Drupal that powers some of the largest sites in the world. In addition to our work in Drupal performance and scalability, the Four Kitchens web chefs have contributed several modules and themes to Drupal.org and have participated in numerous code sprints, DrupalCons, and DrupalCamps around the world. See http://fourkitchens.com/drupalgive for a full list of our contributions.