You are here
SENIOR DRUPAL DEVELOPER/DEVOPPS
GiantGoat Web Development
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Preference will be given to those candidates who are able to demonstrate past project and leadership successes.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
At this time we do not offer remote work opportunities or relocation/sponsorship assistance.
NOTE: Position is preferably located in Guelph, Ontario though the right person who is better located at our head office in Calgary, Alberta is also a possibility.
We are looking for a Senior Drupal Developer who will architect, build, secure, test, integrate, deploy and release our Drupal 7/8 builds. You will be working with our projects from the discovery phase to the final product providing leadership to the Development team as well as working closely with the Business team to ensure all project needs are met. You will be client facing providing technical knowledge/input at key stakeholder meetings.
Of note: we are currently working in Drupal 8 though maintain support for our older Drupal 7 projects. Project of interest, Drupal eLearning Platform.
- Passionate about Drupal, problem solver, critical thinker
- Inspiring and respectful leadership skills
- Great communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to architect simple to complex Drupal solutions
- Site-building with deep knowledge of Drupal modules
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Principles (building of reusable code and libraries)
- Building of custom modules
- Mentoring of the Development team
- Ability to optimize development, testing and deployment across our platforms
- Assist our front-end developer and back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Monitor testing and implementation activities across projects
- Enhance our development work flow processes
- Writing of functional requirement documents and specifications
- Staying up-to-data with emerging technologies
- Assist the Business team with time estimates
- Ability to understand, define and communicate detailed system interactions to both technical and non-technical audiences (internal and external clients/stakeholders)
- Ability to work on multiple projects with tight timelines and changing priorities
Experience and Qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5 years experience minimum, 7+ preferred
- Significant understanding & experience with Drupal 7/8
- Proven record of working within teams as well as leading teams in key initiatives
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Extensive PHP development experience
- Experience in server management a plus
- Experience with debugging and optimization a plus
- Experience with automated testing/continuous integration a plus
- Experience with the Pantheon Cloud a plus
- Experience with various front and back end frameworks a plus
Credited on 10 issues fixed in the past 3 months
Drupal Commerce, 1 issue
Drupal.org security advisory coverage applications, 1 issue
Social Auth Facebook, 1 issue
Social Auth, 3 issues
Leaflet, 1 issue
Social Auth Google, 2 issues
Bootstrap, 1 issue