You are here
Senior Project Manager
Salary is commensurate with experience. Send an email cover letter (this job involves WRITING and we will not consider applications without a cover letter) and your resume to PMjobs@jacksonriver.com.
NO CALLS. NO RECRUITERS.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Jackson River is looking for a smart Senior Project Manager to help some of the world’s most influential nonprofit organizations better serve their supporters. You’ll be working with a talented, skilled, and passionate team to deliver open-source, customized technical solutions for these clients. The right candidate will have superior client service skills, a solid understanding of project management methodologies and tools, and a knack for breaking down large-scale projects into manageable deliverables. We want to hear from you if you think of yourself as “technically curious,” and unafraid to get your hands dirty with systems and software. Former developers/producers welcome.
This is a good job for a mid-career professional with several years of experience.
Jackson River is a virtual workplace. Our employees work typical hours from their home -- wherever that may be – occasionally visiting client sites, conferences, or trainings. The majority of our clients are based in Washington, DC, New York City, and San Francisco, so some travel may be required depending upon where you live.
- Lead contact for day-to-day interactions with clients on large-scale fundraising software Implementations, system integrations, websites and other projects
- Assist and guide clients in making complex technical decisions based on business goals, strategic objectives, and known best practices
- Develop project timelines, milestones, budget reports, technical requirements, and user documentation
- Provide clients the highest level of customer service at every step in the process
- Manage a team of developers and producers to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Manage projects to SOW deliverables and budget
- Coordinate activities with other client vendors (design firms, web hosts, ESPs) to deliver holistic solutions
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous client engagements/projects while delivering unparalleled customer service
- Project/task scoping and estimation experience
- Ability to lead multi-functional teams, keeping them on schedule and on budget
- Basic understanding of online marketing, fundraising, and social networking strategies
- Understanding of current web tools and trends within nonprofit organizations
- Extensive experience with nonprofit online fundraising, ESP, and/or advocacy tools (e.g. Springboard, Luminate Online, Salsa, Engaging Networks, etc.)
- Understanding of fundraising practices and systems, including donor databases (e.g. roundCorner, Team Approach, Raiser's Edge, etc.)
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and Drupal; programming skills are not required but comfort and confidence in configuring and navigating these systems is necessary
- Ability to work independently (and the discipline to work remotely)
- An excellent sense of humor