You are here
Agile Project Manager
You didn’t just organize Halloween candy by color, size, and overall brand sentiment — you convinced your friends to adopt your organizational schema. Today, you bring your big-picture thinking, charm and gravitas to the Internet.
Kalamuna needs a hands-on agile project manager to plan and manage large projects, primarily in Drupal. You’ll push the project from discovery, including UX research and design activities, to prototyping and implementation on schedule, in scope, and on budget. You will analyze things, report things, and refine the flows of things. You’ll act as liaison between an account manager, a content strategist, UX designers, architects, developers, and client stakeholders.
You’ll also work with leadership to forecast team engagement across project spaces, and contribute to organizational productivity and individual happiness. Kalamuna also invests considerably in open source, engages communities, and actively builds tools to power our process. You will play an active part in improving organizational process. Involvement in early stage estimation and proposal creation is possible if you find that work enticing.
- 2+ years of Agency experience with a proven track record managing and delivering projects of magnitude
- Proficiency with JIRA + comfort with its reporting capabilities
- Understanding of content strategy, UX and development roles + relationships
- Experience working with frontend and backend devs, designers, clients
- Zeal for prioritizing and executing multiple, simultaneous tasks
- Comfort with agile processes, including scrum and kanban
- Ability to facilitate estimation practices, and measure progress against them
- Exceptional people skills
- Clear, concise communication
- Demonstrable experience writing actionable tickets
- Facility producing documentation for internal teams and client stakeholders
- Ability to recognize changes in scope and act accordingly
- Thorough attention to detail in providing UAT/QA support
Nice to Have
- Advanced JIRA/Confluence management
- Higher education and/or nonprofit experience
- Public speaking and community engagement
Kalamuna is an Oakland, California-based agency that specializes in communications strategy, user experience design and development. We make the Internet for rabble-rousing organizations driven to tinker, critique, and change things for the better.We’re voracious learners who take things apart, play with them, and see what we can make.
Our clients embrace curiosity, play and provocation to solve our most important problems. They’re nonprofit execs using the web to instigate. They’re government workers using mobile for a cleaner environment. They’re entrepreneurs offering sustainable products online. These people also like to tinker, to critique, and change the way things are. We believe this restless, rabble-rousing mindset is what gets anything worth doing done. Let’s Play.
- Office 2 blocks from BART
- Remote friendly company
- Friday catered community lunches
- Paid conference attendance