You are here
Senior Web Developer (Can be located in MN, OH, MN, IL and others)
Please apply via our careers site: https://goo.gl/tiLs1f or e-mail your information directly to Chris.Reed(a)Lairdtech.com. No agencies or 3rd parties please. We are looking for a full-time employee.
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer with an eye for design to help maintain and extend our Drupal CMS. This is an excellent opportunity for an inspired individual to join a small, highly-visible team in a large global company. With general direction, the Senior Web Developer will play a key role in supporting B2B marketing initiatives with a focus on driving improved global communications and sales via the Internet. The role will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the online content and customer experience for Laird’s global web sites and tools. The Senior Web Developer will work closely with the entire marketing team plus additional cross-functional partners throughout sales and business development. This position can be located in any of the following areas: Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Akron, OH; Minneapolis, MN; or Saint Paul, MN.
- Know Laird’s sales/marketing/brand strategies; understand how web activities contribute to those strategies
- Maintain and extend current Drupal CMS
- Drive the implementation of Web-based development projects as assigned
- Maintain consistency of details and positioning between web, virtual and print collateral
- Drive consistent standards for branding, communications, and products on the web are maintained; conducts regular audits
- Keep up to date with the latest web design technologies, techniques and User Experience (UX) best practices in order to discuss them for inclusion in the website road map
- Create templates for blogs, feeds, knowledge bases
- Take part in implementing and maintaining effective and efficient SEO/SEM campaigns across all marketing initiatives
- Contribute to the overall usability of online systems and tools
- Support internal clients in problem-solving, troubleshooting and educating on use of CMS
- Alert marketing manager(s) of new technological developments and opportunities
- Build templates for users to add content to Drupal; optimize design, layout, and UX using current best practices.
- Coordinate data flow between CRM systems and integration with external information systems and data sources
- Technical expertise building and improving web pages on multiple platforms
- Experience extending capabilities of Drupal
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with blogs/RSS and interest in new web technology developments
- Familiarity with online data analysis and asset management programs
- Must be comfortable learning and mastering new programs and related information technologies
- Attention to detail both in development and design
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, and handle high pressure/deadlines
Education & Experience Requested
- BA/BS preferred.
- More than 5 years professional experience developing and designing web content and at least 3 years within Drupal.
- Familiarity with electronics industries and/or B2B marketing preferred.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
* Development and Architecture of enterprise websites. This will have a global impact.
* Offering leadership of existing Drupal devs
* Working closely with all levels of leadership to strategically find solutions for our Drupal sites
* Expertise in Site Building, Theming and custom module development