You are here
Full Stack Developer
Please apply at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats...
Macfadden is seeking a Drupal Web Developer to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). In this position, you will have the opportunity to build new web applications; as well as maintain current applications using the latest frameworks and technologies available to achieve desired business outcomes. You will build custom web applications to user specifications while working with other developers on the team. This position requires a high degree of skill in custom web application development. OTI is a fast-paced, exciting office where you will have the opportunity to be part of an elite team on the cutting edge of emerging issues around the world.
- Participate in project solutions within the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), through brainstorming sessions with IT Team
- Participate in design meetings and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Develop architectural and component software features, design and implementation of system, participates in analysis and design of test plans
- Maintain technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Assist in development of Drupal functionality using contributed modules, core API, along with creating custom modules
- Understanding of APIs as it relates to decoupled apps or service oriented architecture
- Work with end users to determine system requirements and updates
- Should be able to adapt to new languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the project
- Perform quality control on all products and deliverables to ensure product releases are fully documented based on industry best practices and SDLC methodology being utilized
- Support concurrent initiatives specific to infrastructure and software development
- Support the installation of software components in testing and production environments
- Maintain comprehensive testing plans, provide test results, and recommends corrections to senior developers
- Participate in meetings with the IT team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress
- Support end-to-end project plans and ensuring timely delivery, issue escalation/reporting
- Assist in other reasonable IT tasks as assigned by supervisor
- BS Degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field, OR, High School GED with an additional of work experience related to the duties of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-4 years of work experience; or
- Less than BS/BA with 1-5 years of relevant experience
- MS/MA/MB with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of Drupal (Setup, Configuration, Modules etc.)
- Experience working in LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/MariaDB/PHP) stack.
- Must have experience in OOP (Object-Oriented-Programming), also adhere to coding standards and documentation.
- Must be organized and work well in a team setting. Be open to feedback from others and give honest non-judgmental feedback to others.
- Drupal 7 and 8, Composer, Drush/Drupal Console, PHP 7
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Have worked with Jira, Bitbucket/Github and Git/Mercurial
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Macfadden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Macfadden complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Macfadden expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Macfadden’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. This policy covers conduct occurring at Macfadden’s offices, client sites, other locations where Macfadden is providing services, and to all work-related activities.