You are here
As a Mediacurrent UI/UX Designer you will play a key role in working with our design department on projects ensuring our clients and internal organizational needs are articulated through user interface or print design. The UI/UX Designer will be required to practice the fundamentals of translating business and functional requirements into comprehensive mockups or prototypes. Additionally, the UI/UX Designer will assist in keeping with established design standards and assisting Senior team members with the creation of, best-in-class interactive and print design.
The UI/UX Designer is a liaison between the the design, digital strategy and development teams. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in a cross-functional team environment. Our UI/UX Designers are empowered to make key design decisions using their research and understanding of the industry to build best-in-class solutions. In this role, you will be a member of a small driven team where each member is given ownership of individual features and functions, and provides feedback on the whole team’s output.
- Guide clients and team in the design process, helping articulate the designer’s/client’s vision.
- Follow best-practices that are centered around usability and business requirements.
- Design and develop user interface concepts and technical documentation for web applications.
- Shape the overall user experience of products to be as intuitive, compelling, and productive as possible.
- Keep informed on emerging interactive design, front-end technology, and usability trends.
- Have a fundamental understanding of best practices in the area of web accessibility.
- Help with strategy documentation and assist senior team members in usability testing.
- Help with community projects and development efforts for community contributions that center around usability, theme and design.
- Provide design estimates to the project managers, to the creative director, and to the marketing and sales teams.
- Develop user scenarios, wireframes and navigation to help define the overall user experience.
- Validate and iterate design with target users.
- Translate business requirements into detailed design specifications.
- Attend status meetings with internal and external customers to discuss design project status and strategies.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- 2 - 3 years of design experience with at least 3 years of experience in design.
- Strong knowledge of the user-centered design process including usability, mobile-first wireframing development; and creation of user flows.
- Proven experience developing wireframes, mockups, clickable prototypes, and UI diagrams of complex multi-state pages and functionality.
- Experience in business analysis, requirements gathering and analysis.
- A solid understanding of brand documentation and style guides and how to translate this to interface design.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Champion product usability, design, and user experience.
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity.
- Adeptness at learning new technology and tools
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical thinker, capable of making key decisions based on solid research and knowledge of the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work on virtual teams.
- Process driven with ability to modify approach.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
- Positive, supportive, and fun individual are traits we desire.
Valued knowledge, skills and experience:
- Deep understanding of digital marketing mediums and techniques.
- Functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas a plus: Marketing Automation Systems, Educational Verticals, E-Commerce.
Education or Certifications required: BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent professional experience.
Direct Reports: None
Physical demands and work environment: the job will be performed from any location that offers an Internet connection. Due to the nature of the professional services business model, the UI/UX Designer may be required from time to time to work more hours per day than the typical 8 hour day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mediacurrent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates or employees reside. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.