You are here
Senior Drupal Engineer
Please apply via our website below:
As a Senior Drupal Engineer at The Nerdery, you'll have the opportunity to work on projects for a wide range of clients. We have opportunities to solve customer projects with a wide variety of frameworks and platforms such as Symfony, Silex, Drupal, WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Craft and Zend Framework. The position provides opportunities to expand your horizons to reach your personal development goals.
Most of our engineers contribute to a multitude of projects each year. You’ll never feel like you’re stuck working on a single project for the rest of your career.
You are passionate, flexible, and ready to collaborate with talented engineers to craft brilliant applications from even bigger ideas. You’re a good citizen of the web who believes in choosing the right tool for the job, values including all users, and understands the power of testing.
* Leading a team of 4-12 developers
* Translate technical implications into business terms able to be understood by project managers and client stakeholders
* Communication with clients including site architecture documentation
* Delegation of tasks & responsibilities to local and remote team members; stellar written and verbal communication skills is required
* Facilitate the development workflow, including peer review and upholding a high level coding standards
* Drupal: The developer should have a minimum of 3 years of experience using Drupal. He or she should have significant experience with Drupal 8 in the last year. Candidate must be an expert in Site Building and Theming, and a high level of competency with writing custom modules & plugins is expected. This could be demonstrated with a certification in those competencies from Acquia or from on-the-job experience. We are looking for someone who has a passion for the technology and participates in local user-groups or has been active in attending some of the major Drupal conferences – bonus points if you’ve presented at DrupalCon
* Dev-Ops: It would be great if the developer were also experienced enough in Dev-Ops to be comfortable developing, planning, and supporting a continuous integration and deployment pipeline, corresponding local development environment and tools to support that architecture.
* Front-End Development: The candidate will be interfacing and working closely with the corresponding front-end developers. The more experience he or she has the better the developer will be able to work with the front-end developers on the project.
After you submit your application, you’ll talk with a Nerdery Talent Advocate. The Talent Advocate will answer any questions you have about the job and validate that you’re the person we’re looking for.
We hope to hear from you soon!
* Development and Architecture of enterprise websites
* Offering leadership of existing Drupal devs
* Working closely with current leadership to strategically find solutions for our Drupal sites
* Expertise in Site Building, Theming and custom module development