You are here
Client Support Specialist (help desk)
new target, inc.
Email your resume to email@example.com today or direct message us on Twitter at @newtargetinc.
Help Desk Specialist Responsibilities
We are looking for highly motivated candidates for an exciting position with a fast-growing company to be first-line support for a software application. This position will require an optimal candidate with great communication who works well in a fast-paced team environment. The candidate will be supporting end users with software troubleshooting and maintenance. Ideal candidate will have 1-2 years IT support experience, degree in IT and strong customer service skills. The ideal candidate will want to roll up his/her sleeves and dive into day to day issues, striving to close as many tickets as efficiently as possible.
We are looking for a customer service oriented Help Desk specialist to provide technical support to users in an efficient and accurate manner. You will be considered as the firm’s front line and you will solve basic technical problems and provide support for all assigned areas. The goal is to make sure that customer value is maintained to the standards set forth by the company. High-level tasks include:
- Managing first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support for customers
- Properly escalating unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Tracking, routing and redirecting problems to correct resources
- Primary focus is to provide next level technical and business process assistance, support and troubleshooting to end users in the use of the application. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Record all issues received via telephone, email or the self-service portal in Help Desk Ticketing system
- Provide level 1 diagnostics, triage and issue resolution. This work primarily involves the following:
- The use of telephone support and remote tools usage to troubleshoot the issues
- Answering questions and educating end users by applying knowledge of the application and business processes
- As necessary, escalates issues to appropriate next level support team.
- Responds to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problem, and determine and implement solution
- Works with team leads and managers to assist in the identification of common issues and work-arounds
- Works with leadership team to develop resources and information for the Help Desk knowledge base.
- Tracks, routes and redirects problems to correct resources
- Updates customer data and produces activity reports
- Walks customers through problem solving process
- Follows up with customers, provides feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Utilizes excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
- Ensures proper recording, documentation and closure of issues
- Recommends procedure modifications or improvements
- As needed provide 24/7 on-call support.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- An adaptive problem solver with well-balanced technical experience should be able to demonstrate a history of addressing progressively difficult technical challenges.
- Strong customer service experience combined with excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years’ experience with Drupal-based systems and integrations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of experience providing IT and application support services
- Demonstrates aptitude for problem-solving, ability to determine solutions for customers
- Well organized, self-starter and self-directed
- Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment
- Full fluency in English
- Working knowledge of help desk software, databases and remote control
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Located in Historic Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, USA
- @newtargetinc on Twitter
- @newtargetinc on Facebook
- Strong and steady company growth every year since 1999
- Fast-paced but flexible and positive atmosphere
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
- CareFirst health insurance (HMO, PPO and HSA options)
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Diverse client base brings new work, new challenges to the team!