You are here
Full Stack Drupal Developer (two positions open)
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The inclusion of github and drupal.org usernames is appreciated.
New/Mode is seeking an experienced full stack web developer to work remotely from within Canada or the USA to assist in developing and maintaining a suite of Drupal-based tools that help purpose-driven organizations foster change. If you are interested in Drupal and other open source technologies, and are excited at the prospect of building a product that uses emerging technologies with an aim to make the world a better place, please apply.
We live in troubling times, where people are increasingly losing trust in democratic institutions. All of us have a responsibility to reimagine and rejuvenate democracy so that governments work in the interest of those most impacted by their decisions. New/Mode is a social enterprise that's reimagining democratic engagement in the digital age. We help causes empower their supporters, influence decision-makers & win campaigns. Our aim is to power democratic participation wherever the open Internet exists.
With New/Mode's Community Engagement Toolbox, causes connect supporters directly with politicians—at the click of a button—by phone, fax, email, Twitter & letters to editors. We enable causes to rapidly increase campaign scale, media reach, donations, and contact with politicians and influencers.
We were started by one of the world's leading digital rights advocacy organizations, OpenMedia. We believe in empowerment, collaboration, participation and sustainability. Our values are at the heart of what we do.
The ideal candidate should possess the majority of the following skills:
- 2+ years of Drupal development experience.
- A solid understanding of Drupal 7 and working knowledge of Drupal 8.
- A sound understanding of Drupal’s Webform module.
- Experience with the Agile methodology.
- Experience working with web services and a variety of non-Drupal APIs.
- Good communication and analytical skills. The ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple terms.
- A good knowledge of possible web application vulnerabilities and the ability to write secure code.
- Experience using the Git version control system to track and coordinate changes with other developers.
- Familiarity with Drush and extending Drush with new commands.
- Familiarity with creating multilingual websites.
- A/B, usability, accessibility and browser compatibility testing experience.
- Knowledge of Drupal coding standards.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work remotely.
- Familiarity with test-driven development and continuous integration.
- A working knowledge of Drupal performance enhancement using tools such as Memcache, Redis,APC, Varnish or Fastly.
- Experience with the following APIs: Twitter, FaceBook, SendGrid, Twilio, Google Civic, Google Places, Phaxio, Every Politician, Represent, Phantom of the Capitol, GovTrack, Communicating with Congress or Stripe.
- Experience with the following CRMs: SalesForce, ActionKit, Salsa, CiviCRM, NationBuilder, Hubspot, Engaging Networks, ActionNetwork or others.
- Knowledge of data scraping and associated tools and libraries.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence systems and techniques.
- US, Canadian, UK and Australian market experience.
Numerous webform submodules including: webform_postalcode, webform_represent, webform_publications and webform_countown. Several additional modules to be released next quarter.