You are here
Senior Drupal Developer - Peace First
To be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter documenting your strong fit with the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attach files as Word or PDF documents and include “Senior Drupal Developer” in the subject line of your email.
Do you want to use your Drupal skills to change the world? Peace First is an international nonprofit organization that exists to create the next generation of peacemakers. We believe passionately that young people are natural problem solvers and that by unleashing their moral imaginations we can create a youth-led movement to counter the culture of violence that affects us all. We believe in the power of all young people to change the world through peacemaking — not someday in the future — right now. To this end, we invest in their ability to see themselves today as leaders and to maximize their capacity to solve some of society’s most pressing problems.
As a Senior Drupal Developer, you will lead the evolution of our online platform so that it is a powerful tool for supporting young people and their adult mentors on their peacemaking journeys. This is a role for someone who is excited to leverage their technical skills to help build a movement of these young peacemakers.
Strong candidates will have the technical experience and skills to architect and implement solutions. They also will have the curiosity to seek out and understand what young people need and the ability to incorporate that learning into developing our online platform. We are looking for self-starters who are effective project managers and collaborative colleagues.
This position initially will report to the Chief Program and Technology Officer. As we grow, we anticipate that this role will report to a Director of Program Operations.
We understand that there are many paths to acquiring experience and therefore welcome candidates from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds for this role who have demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to carry out the major duties outlined in this job description.
● Architect and implement both front- and back-end platform solutions
● Collaborate with team members to create and maintain platform content for different campaigns and challenges
● Train staff to create and update content for their areas of work
● Work with young people and staff to identify platform priorities
● Troubleshoot functionality problems
● Architect and lead the migration of content from other web assets to our unified platform
● Create views and other types of reports to support the operations of the program team
● Ensure that the voice of young people is heard when identifying and implementing platform improvements
Key Skills and Experience
Strong candidates will be able to demonstrate that they can:
● Develop and maintain modules and themes following Drupal API & Coding Standards
● Use Drush, Git and other tools at an advanced level
● Envision, architect and implement solutions to support social good programs
● Be a supportive learning partner to colleagues
● Understand and lead product iterations
● Commit to supporting young people as they change the world for the better
● Commit to contributing to an overall organizational culture that is inquisitive, youth-centered, caring, and fun
● Believe in and lead with Peace First’s core values of courage, compassion and collaboration
Other desired skills/experiences include:
● Work in a non-profit or education program
● Website management platforms like Pantheon and Acquia
● Use of wireframing software like Balsamiq or Sketch
● Basic graphic design
Written and spoken fluency in English. Candidates must be able to verify that they are authorized to accept employment in the United States.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Peace First offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Start Date / Location
Immediately / strong preference for Boston, MA (open to considering remote candidates, but must be able to travel to Boston as frequently as once a month.)
Peace First is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, age, ancestry, or disability.
For more information, please go to www.peacefirst.org
Up to 1 day per week