You are here
Web Services Manager
Princeton University Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs
Please visit careers.princeton.edu and look up requisition 2017-7290 or use the below link
Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs invites applications for a Web Services Manager. This challenging, multi-faceted and creative position requires excellent programming, organizational and communication skills.
The Web Services Manager will serve as the School’s chief resource for web technology and must be a strong programmer/analyst with a vision for successful user experience and interface of website design. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Public Affairs and Communications and working with others in the Public Affairs and Communications office, the Web Services Manager will develop and maintain the strategic vision for the School’s website and internet presence.
The Web Services Manager should have the skills and creativity to oversee and conduct website-building and theming in Drupal. Periodically, the School’s core site will undergo architectural and design revisions. Working closely with the Associate Dean, the Web Services Manager will implement all changes to the Drupal core site in collaboration with the WWS community.
In addition to working with the School’s core site, the Web Services Manager will also be responsible for developing and maintaining websites for the School’s centers and programs. S/he will have supervisory responsibility, managing one member of the web team.
Being part of the Office of Public Affairs and Communications, the Web Services Manager will view the web with a creative eye. S/he will lead the team in the use of emergent online and mobile technologies that best tell the story of the School. As such, the Web Services Manager is an expert in web technologies and must keep abreast of a rapidly changing industry.
- Upgrade and maintain the core website using Drupal.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain high-quality websites for the School and its affiliated centers/programs. Facilitate the provision, maintenance and security of web pages.Develop guidelines and establish and oversee policy for the School’s web presence, including policies related to website usage, security and privacy.
- Develop methods for integrating different products and database-driven web-based applications (event registration surveys, searches and dynamic displays).
- Provide and maintain shared resources and web tools (such as templates, images and documentation).
- Facilitate communication between content owners and editors of WWS-affiliated web pages and websites (located in administrative units and centers/programs of the School), and those responsible for hardware, software and University design and content standards.
- Working with the School's cloud vendor, test, troubleshoot and apply platform updates.
- Provide technical consulting and respond to error reports, problems and questions, either personally or through the deployment of staff or external vendors.
- Convert and transfer content to new formats and/or systems as needed.
- Develop robust training programs for staff throughout the School, instructing users on website updates and maintenance, and ensure training consistency and compliance with website-related policies and procedures.
Negotiate with external vendors as necessary.
- Project management duties include, but are not limited to: meeting with key stakeholders to gather requirements and gain consensus; offering technical expertise to clients and managing their expectations; convening group meetings; setting and tracking schedules; and working with external vendors as needed.
- Supervise and oversee one member of the web team. Assign tasks, manage workflow, review work and provide guidance on projects. Lead, guide and evaluate staff performance. Coach, train and mentor in the application of project management tools and techniques.
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of work experience in the web and IT services area
- Experience in website design, maintenance and development and knowledge of internet best practices, copyright, security and privacy issues
- Advanced knowledge of Drupal development
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to support customers with varying levels of technical understanding
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and respond to shifting priorities
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and techniques that support evolving needs
- Ability to confidently present work and respond to constructive feedback
- Positive, flexible attitude