You are here
Senior Drupal Developer/Ottawa
Promet Source, a Chicago based web and mobile application development company, is looking to hire a Senior Drupal/PHP Developer to work with its established team of Drupal professionals in Ottawa, Canada. We provide a fun, supportive environment with tons of opportunities for learning.
We are a technology firm that delivers web and mobile development solutions and provides ongoing support. Our clients include many Higher Education clients, high volume eCommerce applications as well as startups. As a leading technology provider of web services, we focus on complex web development, Open Source CMS support and iOS mobile applications. We are dedicated to open source software solutions by providing managed services for Drupal-based websites, products, and applications.
The Drupal Developer or PHP Developer is responsible for the site building and custom PHP development of client’s websites based on project requirements and project scope. We are looking for a full time or part time Drupal Developer or PHP developer with great organizational and interpersonal skills that is experiences and driven toward code excellence. They must have experience in PHP development and it is a HUGE bonus if it is with the Drupal CMS.
- Work in teams to help build and develop websites with Drupal and PHP
- Participate in daily and weekly status meetings
- Reporting time and work details on a daily basis
- Record detailed descriptions of work performed and documentation of progress
- Communicate regularly with project manager
- Develop and build with best practice and code excellence in mind
- Strong understanding of best practices of PHP development
- Experience in Drupal development.
- HTML, CSS expertise
- Ability to develop in PHP/MySQL
- Knowledge and experience with API development
- Proven Custom module development
- Understands Integration concepts (RESTful services, API development, etc.)
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL development techniques: using GIT for code checkouts, version control, and deployment techniques.
- Understands the basics of web accessibility standards
- Knows how to apply accessibility web standards into their job role
- Understanding of Apache/nginx configuration
- High availability configuration for CMS driven websites
- MySQL skills
- Mobile Web App Development (Apple or Android)
- Trouble shooting issues that occur at the server level, related to database throughput, preprocessor configuration, memory resident storage, and more.
- General understanding of project management principles. (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
- Strong work ethic, a drive for success and proactive attitude
- Experience working in small teams
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Familiar with QA and deployment processes
- Must be a friendly team player who enjoys challenges and learning new skills and techniques
Competitive base salary with bonus structure
Paid Time Off
Ability for Upward Mobility
Fun and Challenging work environment
Fast growing technology company
Casual office setting