You are here
Senior Drupal Engineer
Be sure to mention you found this job on the Drupal Job Board.
Please visit the official job listing (https://savas-labs.breezy.hr/) and follow the instructions there
We are looking to hire a senior Drupal engineer in the U.S. only. You will often interface directly with our clients. The position will require proficiency in most aspects of Drupal development, and often how other systems interact with Drupal. You will have a voice in the kind of work that will grow your skills and be rewarding, and we will do what we can to meet your preferences. This role is for someone who can quickly onboard to a new environment and learns how to be productive, with opportunities to shape and influence our collaborative process.
Working at Savas Labs
The team is headquartered in Durham, NC, with a growing distributed presence. Remote and on-site positions are available. At Savas Labs, we prioritize a few things. We provide peer support and work collectively to achieve our individual and company goals. We like people who are enjoyable to work with. We like to learn from and teach one another, and often the result is others learn as well either via blog posts, the meetup we run, conference presentations or social media. We dedicate time each week for self-improvement, socializing, and collaboration. We encourage a flexible work schedule so long as we are upholding our commitments to one another and our clients. We value openness; you are encouraged to be vocal about not knowing something so you can learn it. We are very honest, yet very respectful; this is not a cut-throat environment. We take a lot of pride in the quality of our work. We value a work/life balance that keeps us productive and happy. We like to have fun and we take our values seriously. We embrace diverse experiences and perspectives. We are constantly improving our processes and set our ambitions to be the best Drupal agency around.
- Weekly lunch (for on-site)
- Weekly skillshare
- Flexible schedule
- 401k (matching contribution for full-time employees)
- Generous PTO
- Conference attendance/presentation opportunities
- 24/7 access to the American Underground (for on-site)
- Great communication skills
- An interest in collaborating and sharing
- An interest in learning/teaching/growing
- A detail-oriented approach
- Pride in the quality of your work
You understand the importance of developing ‘The Drupal Way’. You’re familiar with
- The hook system
- The theming engine
- Writing custom modules
- Integrating with other modern systems outside of the Drupal ecosystem
- Working closely with MySQL
- Working with the Apache web server
- Using git
Bonus points for
- Unix/Linux command line chops
- SASS / LESS CSS preprocessing skills
- Performance tuning (e.g. Varnish, Memcached, Nginx, Solr)
- Continuous Integration experience (e.g. Travis, Jenkins)
- Automated testing experience (e.g. Behat)
- OO PHP
- Drupal 8
As a full-service agency, we partner with clients to fulfill their design, user experience, strategy, and development needs. We work with elite universities, high-profile corporate and nonprofit clients who operate in many different industries and have diverse needs. The project work for our developers includes informing strategic business consulting, advanced server architecture, custom Drupal (5 through 8) application development, third party service/application integration, hosting consultation, accessibility/usability consulting, and more.
Let’s start there. If you’re Interested in applying for this position, follow the "how to apply" instructions.