You are here
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume and a cover letter, references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS—by Friday, April 14 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to put “Web Developer” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting.
This is an on-site, full-time employment opportunity only. No contractors.
No phone calls please.
The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Texas Exes, the alumni association for The University of Texas at Austin, announces an opening for the full-time, exempt position of Web Developer.
This talented, Full Stack Drupal Developer will work closely with our UI/UX Web Designers and Salesforce team to bring concepts to life from the ground up. A complete understanding of web development and design practices is necessary to succeed in this role. Experience in e-commerce, mobile, Drupal, and other CMS platforms is a must.
This is an opportunity to showcase industry-leading skill sets. If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing web applications as well as improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet the association’s needs.
Support & implement websites and related projects:
· Manage website projects through the development life cycle that include conception, development, testing, UAT, deployment and maintenance.
· Troubleshoot and debug applications while maintaining and improving sites after completion to comply with web standards and practices.
· Create clean, reusable code and libraries for future use. An example of this would be creating a platform or template for multiple sites, allowing designers to restyle CSS and HTML to create a “new” site, with similar functionality.
· Develop user facing web applications and complex forms to create one of a kind User Experiences.
· Implement front end applications with an understanding of SEO best practices
· Manage the development change control process
· Manage and respond to website development support cases; provide training as needed for internal team members
Manage CMS systems:
· Manage Open source CMS platforms for Drupal and WordPress
· Integrate Drupal & WordPress sites with external sites and applications including Salesforce.com
· Perform CMS upgrades as needed
· Work with Salesforce administrators to ensure seamless integration with the back-end database; perform testing to ensure accuracy
Maintain website stability
· Ensure optimal application performance including 99.9% uptime and minimal page load times.
· Work with info sec personnel to oversee maintenance and security of a multisite cloud based environment
· SSL certificate installation and management
· Work with internal teams to support UI/UX of websites:
· Take design direction and collaborate with UI/UX visual designer to match and execute visual design intent.
· Assist with visual design and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
· Execute the development of web applications from wire frames to pixel perfect and fully functioning websites within the Drupal and WordPress framework. Implement A/B testing and GA tracking
· Proficiency in the maintenance and administration of Drupal sites
· 3+ years’ experience developing custom Drupal modules
· 3+ years’ experience developing custom Drupal themes
· Working knowledge of other CMS frameworks including WordPress
· Knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development.
· Thorough understanding of successful responsive design + development.
· A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
· Strong ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment independently with productive time management. This position will report to the Vice President of IT.
· Experience with code management using git and managing sites in Pantheon
· Build ad hoc forms as needed using Drupal and Word press templates that integrate securely with Salesforce.
· Collaborate with designers and clients to help bring visions to life
· Technical and functional knowledge of Salesforce.com Technologies and Architecture preferred
· Strong written and verbal English communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong administrative/organizational skills (ability to effectively prioritize, manage time, and meet deadlines on multiple projects).
· Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events