You are here
Junior Digital Experience Developer
University of Maryland
To apply, please visit: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/49574
The junior digital experience developer is responsible for hands-on front end production of digital experiences from websites, apps, microsites and other interactive projects. Position requires project planning and coordination; mobile and web development and programming; and support and maintenance for digital experiences managed by the Office of Marketing and Communications and university clients.
This position will also assist in Alumni engagement and development projects, including using third-party software to create and send emails and produce transactional forms.
Other responsibilities include project management and content migration with an emphasis on development and quality assurance.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
BA or BS in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
1-3 years of experience in web programming
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Familiarity with Bootstrap framework
• Familiarity with PHP or Ruby on Rails
• Experience with Drupal and other CMS platforms
• A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
• Mobile-first attitude
• Experience with version control (Git / GitHub / GitLab)
• Web design / UX and UI experience a plus
• Attention to detail with an emphasis on code that works cross-browser / cross-device
• Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
• Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
• Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
• Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
• BS in computer science or a related field
• Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
• Collaborative, team-player.