You are here
Experienced Drupal Developer as Head of UX, Design & Platform Development (Central or Eastern Europe)
To apply, please send your CV to Mr. Gerhard T. Meier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applicants who submit code samples and/or drupal.org profile link will be given priority
NOTE: Only direct hires, please - No recruiters or outsourcing companies!
Hey You out there!
Are you an experienced, creative, innovation-driven full-stack developer that wants to build the best luxury watch evaluation and information platform? Then, consider joining WatchAdvisor!
WatchAdvisor is a Swiss internet start-up that will change the way watch buyers will research, try and buy luxury watches with an online-to-offline approach. The online community has access to a wide range of information about their dream watches and can directly schedule an appointment with a recommended, officially authorized watch store - try before buy!
For more information about WatchAdvisor and our mission - take a look at: https://www.watchadvisor.com/about-watchadvisor
After an initial ramp up period in our office (greater Zürich area) to get to know our team we offer location independence. You can work anywhere provided you can be online (and responsive / working) at some point within the hours of 7am-7pm UTC. The ability to remain contactable within these hours is a must.
Timely responses to communications (on channels such as email, skype, etc.) is absolutely essential. We want to work with proactive Drupal professionals and encourage communication.
- At least 3 years of Full-Stack Drupal Experience with strengths in back-end Drupal module development DP7 (DP8 also welcomed)
- Strong skills in Drupal Theming (responsive designs - mobile first approach), UI optimization and persona based UX development
- Ability to solve problems in creative, smart and efficient ways
- Experience working in Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid environments
- A passion for best practice coding
- Strong knowledge and experience of cross-browser/platform & mobile testing, identifying and resolving bugs
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at both a technical and non-technical level
- Drupal Architecture Skills (e.g. experience with module selection), experience integrating with 3rd party API's.
- Best practice use of development and deployment tools - SASS, Drush, GIT, BitBucket, command line, composer, etc.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL, skills in LAMP (PHP) / MySQL development
- Experience with Apache Solr
- Experience with versioning- and source code repository systems (SVN, git, BitBucket, etc.)
- Experience in Acquia Cloud, Platform.sh, Amazee.io or equivalent
- Take responsibility for the WatchAdvisor Drupal platform environment (WA.com - DP8 and myWA.com - DP7 and Apache SOLR)
- Improving UI designs and UX processes
- Build secure, scalable frontend and backend solutions/custom modules/libraries
- Write Apache SOLR and SQL database queries and logic
- Accurately plan and specify projects, including define budget and timeline.
- Compile input for the coding with user journeys and the development process in mind
- Coordinate activities with other developers
- Ability to deliver to agreed deadlines and budgets
- Manage the development environment and ensure secure deployments (branch management, code & configuration management, installation profiles, and variables, etc.) and maintain our staging server (test environment) for internal and client review before go-live.
- Ensure proper documentation on our cloud based documentation system (Atlassian Confluence)
- Technical support on the platform as required
- Coordinate the development tasks with our current technology partner in Switzerland
- Build up and lead the future development team of WatchAdvisor
- Merge the DP7 myWA.com platform into the DP8 WA.com platform (timeframe within the upcoming 12 months)
We want to develop a mutually beneficial long-term relationship. Once negotiated, we will provide a contract that defines expectations for both parties.
Working on an exciting Drupal project that will influence the way luxury watches are developed, marketed and sold – we want to develop and scale up this great platform together with you!
Fair rates to be discussed / negotiated. As the Head of UX, Design & Development you will be part of the ownership of WatchAdvisor. KPI based shares of WatchAdvisor Inc. will be a part of your salary
Continuous personal development – we will encourage you to attend DrupalCons and Camps